Monday 9 June 2014

Lifestyle: Exam stresses.

So hi,

You may or may not know, depending on how much you read my rambles, that I am currently in my final year of college after restarting two years ago, making this my third year of college, And I am right in the middle of exams currently. I decided to re-take quite a few exams this year as I decided that I wanted to get at least B grades in all my subjects. This meant that I have 9 exams this year, which has been a little stressful to say the least, With 6 down and 3 to go I thought I would share my thoughts with you all.

Exam are VERY stressful, it doesn't matter what kind of exams, whether they are in high school or college I imagine it's a stressful experience for everyone, at least it has definitely been for me. With the 6 exams I've taken so far being 3 psychology retakes, 1 A2 psychology exam., 1 Business studies retake and 2 As philosophy exams, The last few weeks have included a lot of revising, little sleep and very dark circles around my eyes, attractive right? 

The psychology exams particularly caused me a lot of hassle since I am hoping to do Criminology and psychology at Birmingham city uni next year, getting a good grade in psychology is kinda key for me, and due to family and health issues last year I missed a lot of the course, so I had to re-take. However with retakes out of the way I can say the sleepless nights were worth it as I felt the exams went well.
I still have the last A2 exam to finish and I am still rather scared, I feel like I know my stuff, but exams always have a little way of throwing the most awkward and worrying questions possible. I also have business exams to deal with also, Although I quite like business and not trying to appear cocky but I am kinda confident in my ability in business, it's a subject quite popular with my family and one that I grew up talking about.

Also with reference to exams and Uni, I thought I would show you all the little uni bits I have picked up as of yet, It's not much and they are not all that expensive as I don't expect I'll end up keeping a lot of it as it will probably get lost and damaged etc etc.

So it's mostly from Argos, as my sister works there so I was able to get a little discount, which is great help.
I'll start with the kitchen bits, just to make things simple I picked up a 'starter kit' which contains all the little bits and pieces I could need around the kitchen, This set was £19.99 and I could have bought the more expensive set which was £49.99 but I didn't think I would need that  much kitchen equipment at Uni.
I've also picked up a set of plates, cause I gotta have something to eat on right, again these weren't top quality super expensive, It cost £15.99 and is a 12 piece set of 4 dinner plates, 4 side plates, 4 bowls and 4 place settings. Pretty basic stuff really, no pretty patterns, just plain white.


I bought myself a drying rack, As I won't have a free use of a washing machine or dryer, I'll have to be paying to both wash my clothes and dry them, so in am attempt to save as much money as I can I thought I would dry my clothes myself on my dryer and when I have the time, use my sink to wash my own clothes, Though I know I'll probably forget sometimes.
Another basic thing I bought was cutlery, Girls gotta have something to eat food with other than her hands right? It's another value range product and is a set of 24

I also have two things I got from Primark's home section. Firstly I bought myself a throw, just for that extra comfort and I want already wanted one for my room anyway but thought I might as well save it for my uni room.

The second thing is just some duvet covers as I want my bed to look nice! and new covers is always nice to have.

Do you have any tips for uni or saving money, Or are you soon to go uni?
Anyone else stressing with exams at the moment?

We'll talk soon lovelies!
Contact/Follow/Check Out!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Chenelleyness
Tumblr: http://loveislustpaintedprettycolours.tumblr.com/
Instagram: http://instagram.com/chenloudday
Much love guys!
Chenelleyness
xxx

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your exams! Your uni course sounds like it'll be very interesting so enjoy that when you start. The best thing about preparing for uni is buying so much new stuff to take with you haha.
    Best tip for saving money at uni is to only buy what you genuinely need. And lay off takeaways! :)

    http://IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot! I'm really looking forward to it aha :) x

      Delete