Sunday 6 March 2016

Spring Cleaning.

So hi...

Where did the term spring cleaning come from? Like how did it become a thing...
Well where ever it came from, It's definitely what I've been doing lately.
I had a uni assignment due Wednesday which I've been stressing over the last two week and after handing it in and waking up Wednesday morning I was a bit at a loss of what to do. My flatmate felt the same, and after chatting for a bit and looking at the flat we decided to clean it, completely, scrubbing it all head to toe. and that's exactly what he did, we went to our local Morrison's for some cleaning products, stuck some good old Abba on, and got cleaning.


And it was actually super refreshing, I mean I clean generally all the time, tidying my room etc etc but it's been a while since I've really done a deep clean, and making the whole flat all gleaming and sparkly was really satisfying, It made me feel clean and refreshed as well, and after the stressful past few weeks it was just what I needed.
 Halfway through my flatmate mentioned that it was spring cleaning and it made me think is it just a natural thing to end up cleaning, whether mentally or physically this time of year?
Maybe it was because we had just handed it an assignment that had stressed us out, Maybe it was because it was a nice day out with blue skies and a refreshing wind.
I honestly don't really know but it was great.

So if you're feeling a little in down in the dumps and stuck in the winter stage, I'd really recommend doing some spring cleaning of your own.

Here's some other little things I've done or will be doing to continue my spring cleaning theme.
-Change up my wardrobe:
Dusting of those brighter coloured clothes and the lightweight pieces that have been buried in the back of my closet.
-Have a pamper night:
My skin really took a hit this winter, more than I've ever had before, so I really want to have a night to pamper my skin and myself in general, paint my nails some pastel colour, enjoy some hot chocolate and watch some youtube videos or streams with a face mask, so relaxing.
-Try that healthy smoothie jazz:
I quite like myself a good smoothie, or some granola and yogurt. But I'll be honest, when it's so cold outside and dark, I really just want to curl up in my blankets with something more comforting, But I'm gonna make an effort to make myself smoothies for on the go and a few more light meals and lunches.
-Enjoy a hobby:
Kinda doing this already with the whole drawing arty thing but this is to anyone, maybe try a new hobby or rekindle an old one like I have. I have this cool scene of me painting or sketches on my giant sketch pad next to my window with the bright light coming in and a nice breeze, super cute like.
-Get out:
This isn't a set spring specific thing you can do but I think again, it's cold asf in winter and sometimes getting outside is the last thing you want to do. I'll be trying to change that up a little in the next few months. I'd like to walk around the city centre a little more.


That's all I really had to say today, I just kinda get the deal about spring cleaning now, in whatever form that may take. That shit can be super refreshing.

Have you done any spring cleaning recently?
Let me know down in the comments!

Contact/Follow/Check Out!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Chenloudday
Instagram: http://instagram.com/chenloudday
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Chenloudday
Bloglovin: https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/its-about-little-things-6311629
DeviantART: http://chenloudday.deviantart.com/

Email: chenday@hotmail.co.uk
Much love guys!
Chenelle
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment