This article was on the cosmopolitan a while back and I saved it into my bookmarks as I've become a fan of checklists with ambitions and such, like the 101 things in 1001 days post, I wanted to document this little list. Obviously this will be over a much longer time period (E.g my life) but I just really liked this.
1. Swim in the Ocean Naked and just let your lady parts float about. it feels really good.
2. Put a streak in your hair, or dye all of it. Even if you hate it, It doesn't matter, it's the thrill of it. -Done but would like to do something a bit crazier with it.
3. If you have long hair, cut it short. It's just hair- shit grows back
4. Forgive someone. Remember forgiveness isn't for the other person, it's for you. So even if they're a dick to you after you dig deep and forgive them, You know you're not wasting energy holding a grudge.
5.Travel alone. Wake up early and see things that will blow your mind. Sleep in late and give zero fucks about wasting the day away
6. Eat dessert for breakfast. Ice-cream is AMAZING when you wake up in the morning and are burning up from your comforter/ heater/ boyfriend.
7. Offer to pay for a date and actually do it. It's remarkably empowering.
8. Book a massage after you've had an incredibly stressful day. When you're there, stare at the floor and think of nothing.
9. Eat a huge bit of cake ( Or whatever your favourite dessert is) and feel wonderful about it. Not bad, Not fat, not guilty. Wooonderful.
10. Go out for a meal by yourself. Order a glass of wine and read a book. Write in that journal that you keep meaning to update. Be glad you're not on an awkward first date like those people next to you.
11. Complete some sort of physical challenge. Run a marathon or 5K. Or just learn to do a push up.
12. Take a kick-boxing class. No matter what's going on in your life, you can probably always envision something you want to punch or kick the shit out of.
13. Quit that job you hate. Job quitters are the happiest people. Life is too short to spend it in misery counting down the hours before you can go home and complain about your day to your cat.
14. Live alone. Be naked in your kitchen for no reason. Make a huge mess. Have your own glorious closet. Come home at 5am. Go to bed at 8pm without interruption
15. Go on one or more Spontaneous adventures with your best friends. A road trip to the beach. A weekend in Miami in the dead of winter. Or just ditch work and go for coffee.
16. Don't work out for a week. Who Cares? Definitely done this, waaay too much.
17. Splurge on something you really really want. Once in a while. It's okay.
18. Make a whole cake for no reason other than to sit there and attack it with a forks alone/ With friends/ with boyfriend.
19. Have a Pet. Pets love you unconditionally. And they can't say the wrong thing when you're upset.
20. Go to a Beyonce Concert. Bask in her talent and feminist message. Enjoy the hardcore fans closing their eyes and lifting their arms in the air while she sings 'Resentment' as though they are having a religious experience.
21. Run away from something that's driving you nuts. Sometimes you just need to spend a weekend sleeping and drinking wine in front of the Tv at your parent's rather than face whatever nasty music awaits you back at home.
22. Buy lunch for someone who is just starting out and needs to save the £10 more than you do. When they're wildly successful, they'll remember how you bought lunch for them and do the same for another young upstart.
23. Take the time to get a few special photos or prints professionally framed and matted, even though it's pricey. You'll use them in ever apartment you ever live in and you'll feel happy ever time you look at them.
24. Learn to like some stuff you're pretty sure you didn't . This could apply to anything from whiskey to a boss.
25. Find a quote or phrase that will be a personal mantra and live by it.
26. Do something that scare you at least once a year. go sky-diving or zip-lining. Or quit that job you hate. or go travelling for 3 months. You won't regret it.
27. Have sex with someone who is totally all wrong for you but it just hot as hell.
28. Cut out friends you don't really like. Don't spend time wondering whether or not you made the right decision. Just be done with the arseholes who bring you down and don't look back.
29. Speak in public. Toast your friend at her wedding or take on the big presentation at work. Once you're done with it you'll feel very accomplished.
30. Spend more money than you think you should on vacation. You can spurge on a few poolside cocktails when you're on a tropical beach in the middle of February and still save for a house.
31. Try new foods. Especially one's you thought you'd hate. ( A lot of it really tastes like chicken anyway)
32. Spend an entire day eating nothing but crap. You never craave kale. admit it.
33.Just completely lose it at customer service when they're being dicks.
34. Do karaoke. Do it drunk, do it sober, do it at least once to find out if you love it or hate it.
35. Be a 'Regular' somewhere. A bar, restaurant, a bookstore. I's one of those things that everyone is envious of in sitcoms. Just incorporate it into your life and enjoy feeling like your on the cast of friends.
36. Go through a 'slutty' stage. A great time to do this is after you dump someone that's treated you like garbage.
37. Go through a totally Monastic stage. A great time to do this is after you've boned a lot of guys and are over dudes.
38. Test out you weirdest fantasies. Just shamelessly go for it.
39. See a therapist- Even if it's just once . It's amazing to have someone just listen to your problems. even if you have no major issues, it's still nice to get unbiased advice on whatever you're thinking.
40. Throw yourself into a hobby. Like horse-riding or tennis lessons or trivia night. If people ever ask you what you're into at a job interview or something, you'll feel pleased to have an automatic reply
41. Wallow in a heartbreak. Allow yourself to do all those generic break up things like eating ice-cream while watching rom-coms. and going to some trashy club to dance wildly.
42. Apply for a bunch of dream jobs that you might not be totally qualified for. You never know what could happen.
43. Shamelessly go to a concert everyone will make fun at you for. Dance like a crazy person while you're there.
44. Date someone who is totally wrong for you. Because most people you date won't be right for you. May as well get some fun stories and unique experiences from it.
45. Write a love letter telling your significant other how much they mean to you. An actual letter. Use pen and paper and pour your heart out.
46. Try a really really good bottle of wine. Treat yourself. you might discover you enjoy the difference between a £50 bottle and the boxed stuff you and your flatmates drink.
47. Go absolutely apeshit on an ex who did you wrong. just throw a drink in his face and run away.
48. Learn to make one full meal. Even if it's just a simple homemade dish. You should know how to feed yourself if you're ever in a position where you can't obtain a take out or frozen pizza.
49. Take a risk at work, even if you're worried it might make you seem insane. Think of the most successful people you admire. They all regularly take risks that make them seem insane until everyone agrees their insanity is genius.
50. Go somewhere with no cell phone reception for at least a week. Experience the tranquility of life with the anxiety of constant messages and status updates.